Coronary artery bypass graft surgery(CABG) is a surgical procedure in which one or more blocked coronary arteries are bypassed by a blood vessel graft to restore normal blood flow to the heart. These grafts usually come from the patient's own arteries and veins located in the leg,arm, or chest.
Purpose of Coronary artery bypass graft surgery
- Restore blood flow to the heart.
- Enable the patient to resume a normal
- Relieves chest pain and ischemia,
- Improves the patient's quality of life
- lifestyle and to lower the risk of a heart attack
Indication of Coronary artery bypass graft surgery
- Patients who cannot tolerate PTCA and
- Patients with blockages in at least three
- major coronary arteries
- Patients with angina
- Do not respond well to drug therapy.
Contraindication of Coronary artery bypass graft surgery
- Bleeding disorders.
- Acute Cerebral vascular Accident
Nursing Diagnosis for CABG
- Fear related to surgical procedure, its uncertain outcome, and threat to well being.
- Deficient knowledge regarding the surgical procedure and the postoperative course.
Nursing Intervention for CABG Client
- Explain all treatment and procedure done for the patient answering
- Assign the same nurse to care for patient when ever possible to
- provide consistency of care, enhance trust and reduce threat often
- associated with multiple care givers.
- Spend time with patient each shift to allow time for expression of feelings, provide emotional outlet and promote feeling of acceptance.
- Involve patient in planning and providing care to give patient some any question patient may have .present information at patient understanding level to reduce patient anxiety
- Orient patient to surrounding control over situation and restore sense of self esteem.
- Orient family to patient specific needs, allowing family members to participate in giving care. this help alleviate patient s state mental state by familiarizing the environment
- Arrange for family member or friends to stay with patient to help patient to cope with fear.
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori Coronary artery bypass graft surgery(CABG) Intervention / Coronary artery bypass graft surgery(CABG) Nursing Care dengan judul What is Coronary artery bypass graft surgery(CABG)? Nursing Intervention. Anda bisa bookmark halaman ini dengan URL http://www.cncplansonline.com/2012/06/what-is-coronary-artery-bypass-graft.html. Terima kasih!
Ditulis oleh: Shahzad Khan - 29 June 2012