Posted by Shahzad Khan on Saturday, March 10, 2012
Purpose of bed making
- To provide,rest,comfort and safety to the patient
- To help him have a good relaxed sleep
- To give the room a neat and tidy apperance
- To provide an apportunity to the nurse for observation and assessment of the nursing needs of the patient.
- To give active and passive excercises to the patient and to promote cleanliness
- To keep it ready for an emergency in order to economise time and energy
- To establish a good nurse-patient relationship and to teach the relatives bed-making to take care of the patient in home situations.