Appendicitis is an inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube-shaped piece of tissue, the size of a finger, which connects to the large intestine at the lower right side of the abdomen. The inside of the appendix forms a pouch that opens to the large intestine.
Sign and Symptoms of Appendicitis:
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Tenderness and swelling
There is no way to prevent appendicitis after it has developed, surgery is the only treatment. There are two types of appendicitis surgery – the first one is the appendectomy or appendicectomy and the second is laparoscopy.
- The identity of the client's name, age, sex, marital status, religion, tribe / nation, education, occupation, income, address and registration number.
- Nursing History
- Health history now : complaints of pain in post operative wounds, nausea, vomiting, increased body temperature, increased leukocytes.
- Health history of the past
- Physical examination
- Cardiovascular System: To check vital signs, presence or absence of jugular vein distension, pale, edema, and abnormal heart sounds.
- Hematological System: To determine whether there is increase in leukocytes is a sign of infection and bleeding, nosebleeds splenomegaly.
- Urogenital System: There are at least tension of the bladder and back pain complaints.
- Musculoskeletal System: To determine whether there is difficulty in movement, pain in bones, joints and there is a fracture or not.
- The immune system: To determine whether there is lymph node.
- Examination Support
- Routine Blood tests: to determine an increase in leukocytes is a sign of infection.
- Abdominal x-ray examination: to know the existence of post-surgical complications.
Pain related to abdominal wound incision in the lower right quadrant of postoperative
Pain is reduced / lost
Result Criteria :
Seemed relaxed and could sleep properly.
- Assess the scale of pain location, pain characteristics and report changes accordingly.
- Maintain a break with the semi powler.
- Encourage early ambulation.
- Give your entertainment activities.
- Collaborate with team doctors in the provision of analgesics.
- Useful in the supervision and efficient medicine, healing progress, changes and characteristics of pain.
- Eliminating stress is increased by abdominal supine position.
- Improve kormolisasi organ function.
- Increase relaxation.
- Pain relief.